Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Casting Call: The Fantastic Four

Remember when Wizard Magazine (was good?) did Casting Call? I've decided to take up the mantle!

So here we go:
Reed Richards: Rob LoweReed is of course the smartest man in the Marvel Universe, but what sets him apart from other inventors is the zeal and idealism that fuels his elastic consciousness. He's often depicted as a cold selfish introverted genius, when really ( I think at least) his brilliance is a burden that, when coupled with this idealism and inherent heroic nature, make him a tragic character. Only he can see humanities bright future, and tragically only he can make that future a reality. He is more a restless philanthropist than a selfish introvert.

My Rational: As a fan of the West Wing, I have seen Rob Lowe play the brilliant idealist. If you don't believe me watch the clip below.




Sue Storm: Charlize Theron Sue Storm has to be as strong as she is sexy, but she also has to play den mother to three unruly adventurers.

Rational: Charlize Theron can do action, drama, and comedy. Shes the total package and so is Sue.





Ben Grimm: James GandolfiniBen Grimm is the FF's muscle, but also their moral and emotional center. This stone-man with a heart of gold is loyal as the day is long(even after his best friend turns him into a monster), and as powerful as a Mack truck.

The Thing's gravely exterior is matched with a gravely voice. James Gandolfini can do the tough talkin' ever lovin' blue-eyed thing better than anyone else. Hook him up with some Guillermo Del Toro-esque prosthetic and maybe some CGI enhancements and I'm sold!




Johnny Storm: Zac Efron
The immature fun loving sex symbol of the FF, Johnny Storm enjoys being a hero and basks in all the grandeur that comes with it.

Zac Efron is actually a great actor. There I said it. He wouldn't just pull off this role, he'd KILL it. Don't Believe me? Lets go to the tape.





Doctor Doom: Hugh JackmanVictor Von Doom. 'Nuff Said.

Why Hugh Jackman? Because I want to see him play a villain. I want to see Jackman play the vain, egotistical, nemesis who is driven by revenge... oh wait he did play that already. Picture Hugh in the Prestige, only EVIL!





Mole Man: Andy Serkis
Mole Man is the gnarly cave dwelling fiend who wants nothing more than to destroy our heroes.

This is typecasting I know.





Alicia Masters: Christina Hendricks
The blind woman who can see through Ben Grimm's rocky exterior.

So sue me, She's hot and I want her in my movie.




The Director: Guillermo Del Toro
Del Toro's artistic style and his penchant for fantastical worlds make him the perfect director for the Fantastic Four.

Maybe I'll add Namor, and Silver Surfer later... who knows. For now this is my cast. Discuss!


-End Transmission

2 comments:

  1. I can't think of Rob Lowe without his Benjamin dummy voice from Wayne's World. Is Bruce Greenwood too old? I know he is...

    Charlize is a fine choice. Totally agree with Zach (though I don't know how 'great' he is as an actor. Did love Hairspray though). Gandolfini might be hard to seperate from his alter-ego, but I have to see WtWTA first.

    Have issue with Jackman as Doom. Conjures Julian McMahon to me. Branagh?


    Others are cool, & GdT is the man. His Abe Sapien actor as Silver Surfer? Billy Zane is Namor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce Greenwood is in my JSA movie so yes... hes too old.

    Give Rob a chance... did you see the WW clip?

    Zach could bring in some female audience that otherwise wouldn't be there. Plus I honestly think hes a good actor, he's just in that immature roles phase.

    I see Ben Grimm and being equal parts Tony S and the WtWTA character he portrayed (even though I heard the movie sucked). I think with makeup and CGI people will forget who he is.

    DUDE I want to see Jackman as a bad guy... I think he can do it.

    The Rock is sort of a joke sort of serious... ask me again later lol.

    I wouldn't involve SS or cosmic shit in my first film.

    ReplyDelete