Monday, February 23, 2009

Anxiety '09: the Winter of My Discontent

So while I have little to no readers, I guess this will be a safe time to discuss current events in my life.

I recently had been having anxiety attacks or something of the sort, and in general had been feeling anxious pretty much constantly. I'd say this had increased over the last 6 months to a year but to be honest this pulse pounding predisposition kinda snuck up on me. I noticed that I had been increasingly irritable, impatient and argumentative, and decreasingly JimmyGlenn.

I know what your thinking irritable, impatient and argumentative IS JimmyGlenn, thanks for the compliment, but increasingly is the operative word there. I know that in my circle of friends I am not known for my patience or my cool temper, but I had honestly felt I had made progress with both of those character flaws in recent years.

In any event, these increased feelings were apparently caused entirely or in some part by my allergy medicine's decongestant. This apparently is not all that uncommon. Once I figured this out a lot of people, including family members and friends, told me, albeit after the fact, that they avoid drugs with decongestants for that very same reason. So the medicine I was taking everyday at morning and at night was basically making me a nervous wreck. AWESOME!!

Needless to say all that anxiety but an enormous amount of strain on alot of relationships in my life, and for anyone, and pretty much everyone, who dealt with me, including: family, friends and Susie, I am grateful for your patience and understanding.

If you don't think or didn't notice I was acting any different over the past 6 months to a year don't be surprised. At first I didn't either. Once I did I really made a conscious effort to not seem that way in front of friends. If I was short, impatient, or argumentative at any point I am sorry.

That being said, I hopefully won't be feeling this way now that I have stopped taking my allergy medicine. This is essentially all I wanted to accomplish with this post...

...and now something funny yet relevant to how I have been feeling.
Penny-Arcade: Gabe's Anxiety
Penny_Arcade: Gabe's Anxiety 2

No comments:

Post a Comment