Monday, March 23, 2009

ENGAGE: Tales of Team Terror-Misu

My mother has always told me, as mother's often do, that I cando anything I want to do, be anything I want to be, attain any goal I set my sights on.

"Jimmy," She would often say, "you are bound by nothing. You are smart, devilishly handsome, and talented. You could be the President of the United States if you like. You can do anything."

Last night, as I valiantly fought side by side with my brothers in arms, Team Terror-Misu, I couldn't help but think of my mother's words and smile...

Indeed I can mother. Indeed I can.

The odds were against us from the start, there were 50 waves of the Horde and only five of us. A heavy lag settled in on our server, and it stifled our crew, threatening more than just our game's integrity. Now I can't say for certain, but I believe it was a plot on the game's part, a vicious psychological attack meant to keep us off kilter and uncertain. I'll never know the game's true intention, but I do know this, the very thing that threatened our cause, also served to galvanize us in heart and mind .

We were going to beat this fucking game, whether it liked it or not.

I must begin by saying, this round of Horde was the imbodiment of beauty, nay, the essence. Words can't sufficently express just how amazingly we played.

To wax poetically about it's beauty would be a fools errand....

It was a death symphony that will linger in the ears of video game lore for all eternity.

I can't remember the details, as many soldiers can tell you, in the heat of battle you become little more than a creature of instinct and reflex. The active re-load on my sniper-rifle was not a bonus to enhance my game, it was a reflex, that was suddenly as common to me as breathing. When the shit hits the fan, your mind has little time to ponder its plight, so the body responds quickly an efficiently. Lucky for Terror-Misu, Gabe and I are used to leaping before we look. This inherent aversion to thought, served us well as the Locust's Horde lived up to their name-sake.

The anticipation, and excitement was palpable, and each of us fought at the top of our game. I can't think of an instance that exemplified each team members worth to our cause, but I do know there were numerous instances where I paused to admire the beauty and grace with which my compatriots and I rained down unholy terror and death upon the mindless monster's we called the horde.

Ever the narcissist, I personally couldn't helpd but stare down my rifle's scope and admire each and every Pollock-esque spray left in its wake.

I won't mince words, in short Team Terror-Misu preformed like Hugh Jackman at the Academy Awards, without flaw, without hesitation, and without remorse for those who have come before; we fought valiantly and bravely; giving no ground nor quarter to our enemy; we are and forever will be titans burdened only by the weight of our own acheivements.




-Believe in your dreams.

2 comments:

  1. I remember a few highlights...

    In round 50 Gabe and I rained down hell on a Kantus, Mauler, and Grinder in the cacas.

    I chainsawed a drone as you sniped the drone standing next to me.

    Bryan and I held down the Regency after you guys got killed at Xanadu.

    There were many a times that i was shooting someone only to have you or mike blow their heads off with accurately placed sniper shots.

    My favorite moment was when I chainsawed a drone and then the cyclopse right next to me. It was masterful. I didnt give that cyclopse a chance to do anything.

    ReplyDelete