Monday, March 23, 2009

Sly Sly Globalization

For an extended period of time I really was under the impression that the abbreviation F.M.L. (Fuck My Life) belonged solely to my friends and I. Sure, we had go it from one of the biggest movies of 2008, but who could have noticed such a quick throw away line from such a insignificant character? Surely only my friends were observant enough to pick up on such a nuanced line?

Right?

Cause we're awesome...?

...AwesomeBlog?

Wrong! Everyone knows about this line. It's one of the most memorable lines from the movie I suppose, or perhaps just a few key people recognized it's inherent Awesome-osity (it's gonna stick) and these pioneers of humorous thought brought it to the masses. In any event now there are: Facebook groups, and T-shirts, and FML is on MTV...

It's bullshit man. I used FML back before it was cool! SERIOUSLY! I knew about it before everyone man, back when it was only being used in VFW halls and shit. Those were the good days man...

In any event, I have moved on to bigger and better acronyms like:
  • J.L.B. (Just Like Batman)
  • T.B. (Thats Balls)
  • Y.S.D. (Yous Suck Dick)
  • F.M.L. (Follow My Lead)
  • A.A.S.L.I.K.A.T.B.E. (Acronyms Are So Lame I Knew About Them Before Everyone)
  • T.S.I.W.W.W (That Shit is Wiggity Wiggity Whack)
  • J.G.I.S.A. (Jimmy Glenn is so Awesome)
  • J.I.M.H. (Jesus Is My Homeboy)
  • I.R. (I Rule)
  • J. (JImmyGlenn)
Anyway, F.M.L. sold out and T.B. Peace out homies... J.L.B.


-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment