Thursday, March 12, 2009

Once More Into The Breach

Beating Gears of War 2's Horde Mode has slowly overtaken the lives of my friends and I. We have all become obsessed with getting to Level 50 together. That obsession has spurned very serious conversations on the subject of tactics. Together we have outlined: proper shield placement, the importance of grenades, when to rescue a downed player, and the varying threat levels of the members of the horde. Clearly, this is very serious business, and we have conducted ourselves accordingly.

ENGAGE!!!!!!

Anyway, despite all of our tactics, experience, and the presence of Gabe, who at this point has attained a level of reverie akin to that of the Gods of ancient lore, we still have yet to scale our metaphorical "aggro-crag." However, our resolve has never been stronger, and we have taken up the motto, "50 or bust by the end of March."

Our impending victory has led me to pause to consider the ramifications of our zeal. I hunger to defeat this foul temptress named horde as much, if not more, than my compatriots. However I can't help but wonder, what will I do once she is tamed? Where will I go? I have seemingly lived a life-time chasing this white-whale, and the prospect of a world without it has left me feeling cold and naked.

Don't mistake this hesitance, for fear or apathy. I want to beat Horde Mode in the worst way. I just question what I will do once it is gone. In a world dominated by war, its very hard to comprehend peace.

In any event, I am confident we will defeat the horde, and win the day. Then we will celebrate, as free men do, and regale the world with tales of heroism and valor in the face of immeasurable odds and incalculable risk.

1 comment: