Monday, April 13, 2009

Today is a busy day, and I have nothing prepared so this is gonna be a lot of quick blurbs:


Ok if you take a White Castle Bacon Cheeseburger, put a chicken ring or two on it, and some fries... you now have a Uber-ger or Ub-Burger (I haven't decided how to spell it). In any event, they cause an instant diabetic coma so stay away from them, as I type this I am reminded of a story about Albert Einstein:

On August 2nd 1939, just before the beginning of World War II, Einstein wrote to then President Franklin D. Roosevelt. Einstein and several other scientists told Roosevelt of efforts in Nazi Germany to purify U-235 with which might in turn be used to build an atomic bomb. It was shortly thereafter that the United States Government began the serious undertaking known only then as the Manhattan Project. Simply put, the Manhattan Project was committed to expedient research and production that would produce a viable atomic bomb.


I have heard that Einstein once said signing that letter was his single greatest regret.

Creating the
Uber-ger is mine. What have I unleashed upon this world?



Ok, does anyone remember Fruit Stripe Gum?

I just want to publicly say that it sucked so bad that I remembered it today as the worst gum ever. Fruit stripe gum lost it's taste after like 1/3 of a second of being in your mouth. I haven't seen it around in a long time, and that's good cause it sucked.



Finally, below is a preview for a movie called The Mysteries of Pittsburgh. I am excited by this preview for a few reasons:
  1. My dad is from Pittsburgh, PA.
  2. I love Peter Sarasgaard.
  3. Its based on a novel by Michael Chabon, a writer I love.


-Yikes! Stripes!

No comments:

Post a Comment